Business Development Executive/Manager (BDE/BDM)
Wordnerds are an award-winning tech startup with huge ambitions to create the best text analysis platform in the world.
90% of the world’s data was produced in the last two years and there are no signs of it slowing down. Of all the data out there, the vast majority is in the form of words which, unlike numbers, are difficult to process and understand in bulk.
Wordnerds combines cutting-edge AI with old-school linguistics to train computers to understand the huge volume of unstructured text that is currently invisible to most companies. We make sense of the millions of tweets, emails, webchats, online reviews, CRM-entries, forum posts and survey results written about - and by - big brands and their competitors.
It’s a hugely exciting time for us right now. Following our first raise in June 2019 we’re growing faster than our projections and, having recently expanded our Sales Team, we’re now looking for Customer Success Managers not only to join the team but to be invested in what’s set to be a challenging but incredibly rewarding journey. We need someone who’s in it for the long haul, to grow and learn with us. :)
What you’ll do
Acting as a consultant to our prospective clients you’ll work as part of our Sales Team, meeting with prospective customers - both leads generated by our Sales Development Representatives and those you’ve prospected yourself - to qualify opportunities, understand and demonstrate how our platform can help them.
This will involve the following activities:
- Becoming an expert in our platform, working with our prospective customers’ data to show how they will get value from using us
- Carrying out discovery calls/meetings with potential customers to understand whether we are a good fit with them
- Working with qualified leads through a procurement process, including writing proposals and advising on our information security policies
- Gaining an understanding of their industries and how we help them
- Attending events, exhibitions and conferences potentially with the opportunity to speak or pitch
- Prospecting: although primarily a function of our Sales Development Reps, we encourage our BDE/Ms to spend a proportion of their time prospecting and building their own sales pipeline
- Working with our marketing function to develop outreach and marketing campaigns
- Managing data of prospective clients accurately in our CRM system
- Sharing your ideas and feedback - you’ll be our fresh pair of eyes and a valuable member of our tight and growing team
We’re interested in getting the right type of person in this role and so previous experience in sales is by no means essential. Whether you’re a recent graduate or have a wealth of experience under your belt, we’re looking for someone with the following skills/traits.
- Team player - our Sales Team works together towards shared goals with shared incentives. We don’t care who identified or closed the deal, our commission structure rewards the team together for hitting targets and driving our growth
- Good with people - this role involves developing strong relationships with people, listening to them and identifying areas where we may genuinely be able to help them and add real value
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and a flare for presenting
- Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise your work independently
- Positive attitude and highly motivated
- Entrepreneurial flair, creativity and a thirst for learning
Working at Wordnerds
We have an amazing team, we look after each other and don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re based in a lush office in Proto and surrounded by exciting businesses working in emerging technology. Some of us do yoga at lunchtimes (getting “zen AF”), some of us play pool or fussball. As well as this, we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an extra day for every two years you work with us up to a maximum of 30 days
- Flexible working hours
- Home and office working
- Competitive salary with commission
- Social budget
- Training budget
If you think you fit the bill we'd love to hear from you. :)
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note, we're not working with recruitment agencies on this role so please only contact us if you're looking to apply for the role. :)