Sick of the same old corporate humdrum?
Come on an adventure into uncharted waters
We’re an independent, venture-backed start-up working at the intersection of very new AI and very old corpus linguistics (the study of the structure of language).
There is no blueprint for what we're trying to do; no rule book. Literally no other human has tried to do exactly what we're doing. Wordnerds’ start-up journey to date has been one of constant learning: we’ve experimented, we’ve plagiarised, we’ve iterated and we’ve measured.
If you love the opportunity to learn, the freedom to share and act on those learnings, if you want to be part of a different, dynamic and exciting start-up story, this might well be the perfect environment for you.
Working at Wordnerds
The culture we strive for
In our mission to make words actionable we take our work seriously, ourselves… less so. We champion the understanding of language and strive to train computers to understand humans expressing themselves in all our informal, colloquial and sarcastic glory.
We look after each other. We try to have some fun.
We're very proud to be part of the Northeast England tech scene. At the same time we’re outward-looking, ambitious and trying to make a dent on the world stage.
- Learn, experiment, change — if there's one thing we can promise it's that what we're doing in a year will look very different
- Own your impact — if what you're doing isn't helping the team progress, do something about it
- Sevens kill startups — everyone has off days, but we strive for a minimum standard in everything we do
- Make a connection — be open, interested, friendly, welcoming. Every interaction with a Wordnerd should stand out
- Challenge because you care — we're moving fast and none of us are perfect. We all benefit from direct, kind feedback
As well as the salary and benefits listed on our job adverts, you can expect:
Hybrid working — 2-3 days/week from home
Flexible working — core hours: 10am to 4pm
25 days holiday — plus bank holidays and an extra day for every two years you work with us up to a maximum of 30 days
Parental leave and support — give and take attitude to the wrinkles and complications of life!
Modern, light, dog-friendly office — in Proto on the Newcastle-Gateshead quayside
Budgets for all the important things — training & development, mental health and social budgets
Annual stay-overs and quarterly strategy days — be a genuine part of our decision-making process
Work laptop — and home-office equipment if needed