Customer Success Manager (CSM)
Wordnerds is an award-winning tech startup with huge ambitions to create the best text analysis platform in the world.
90% of all the world’s data has been produced in the last two years and there are no signs of it slowing down. 80% of all data exists in the form of words which, unlike numbers, are difficult to process and understand in bulk.
Wordnerds combines cutting-edge AI with old-school linguistics to train computers to understand the huge volume of unstructured text that is currently invisible to most companies. We make sense of the millions of tweets, emails, webchats, online reviews, CRM-entries, forum posts and survey results written about - and by - big brands and their competitors.
It’s a hugely exciting time for us right now. We're aiming for rapid growth, and we've got lots to figure out! We're looking for a brilliant new Customer Success Manager that can help us hit our goals 🚀 and embark on this challenging, ever-changing, incredibly rewarding journey with us.
We’re looking for someone who loves making customers happy while being really comfortable with analysis. An outstanding communicator—written (we’re Wordnerds, right?) and verbal, you’ll have an eye for detail and data and will use our platform to show customers how it solves the burning problems they have.
We’re looking for someone who’s in it for the long-haul with us and brings bucket loads of motivation, acts on initiative and contributes to Wordnerds processes and resources as we get ready to scale.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our team and work towards the common goal “oodles of value for customers'', you will be a Wordnerds platform expert, responsible for accurate set-up of projects to surface the strongest insights for customers and you’ll build reports for customers from our platform, Power BI and Canva. Experience in these reporting tools is a definite plus.
From there you’ll develop into the role and manage a set of customer accounts - becoming the main contact for platform users and their voice, their person (yes Grey’s anatomy fans!) within Wordnerds. This will include onboarding and training customers to use the platform themselves, holding regular check-ins with your contact/s to ensure they’re getting maximum value, supporting them to optimise this and ensuring customers are listened to, engaged and at the heart of what we do.
You’ll work alongside the Customer Success Lead, to provide metrics and insight on the health of customer accounts to enable their strategic conversations and put us in the healthiest place for renewals and account growth.
As well as becoming an expert in our platform, we’re on a growth journey and want you to be an integral part of that, so expect to be involved in the development of systems, playbooks, processes and resource creation and add your stamp to Wordnerds.
Although not essential - we’re looking for someone who has experience reporting from Power BI, Tableau and/or Google Studio to help us inject this knowledge and experience into the team.
Your work will involve the following activities:
- Becoming an expert in our platform - from data ingestion and project set-up for optimal results to surfacing insights
- Producing insights reports for a proportion of our customers, ensuring they deliver to briefs and provide maximum value (this will be via Wordnerds platform, Power BI and Canva)
- Sharing your ideas and feedback—you’ll be a fresh pair of eyes and should always feel able to share honest feedback and get involved with the development of processes and resources.
- Developing one-to-many resources and improving our Knowledge Hub
- The day-to-day contact for platform users, supporting customers through any questions/issues they may have while setting boundaries and empowering customers to use our platform
- Onboarding & training new customers, understanding their needs and objectives and developing a plan for success
- Gaining an understanding of the industries our customers are in
- Regular review meetings with customers throughout the contract to check objectives are being met and value is being delivered
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic contacts, delivering quarterly review meetings that ensure we communicate how to maximise value from the platform, share usage metrics and manage contract renewals
- Identifying and negotiating upsell opportunities based on product usage, support time and reporting
- Have an amazing relationship with Customer Success providing key information and metrics on your accounts to support them with strategic business reviews and renewals, upsells and account growth
- Work closely with our Product Team to harness customer feedback and inform platform direction and improvement
- Work closely with our Engineering and Data Science teams to ensure issues are resolved
- Recording data on our customers accurately in our CRM system and in line with our data policies and contractual agreements
We’re interested in getting the right type of person in this role and so previous experience in customer success/service is by no means essential. Whether you’re a recent graduate or have a wealth of experience under your belt, we’re looking for someone with the following skills/traits.
- Amazing with people. This role involves developing strong relationships with our customers at operational and strategic levels, listening to them and identifying areas where we may genuinely be able to help them and add real value
- Inner geek(!) - if you like spreadsheets, deep-diving into data, producing reports, this role might just scratch that itch. (experience with Power BI would be useful but not essential)
- All about the team. Although you will manage a portfolio of customers, we are very much looking for someone who has a strong team ethic. We look after and help each other wherever we can
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A flair for sales and negotiation
- Super organisation and problem-solving skills. A good chunk of your time will be spent looking into the customer’s data and surfacing the insights provided by the platform
- Self-motivated, can-do attitude. We are NOT micro-managers and never want to be. You’re in the driving seat so you'll need great organisation skills to prioritise your work independently and reach out when you need help and resource
- A thirst for learning and okay with change - we’re a SaaS start-up and we’re growing. With that comes try - review - improve - repeat
- Nice human. We’re a tight team with a great culture and a commitment to inclusion and diversity. If this isn’t you, please don’t apply.
Working at Wordnerds
We have an amazing team, we look after each other and don’t take ourselves too seriously. When the world is playing nicely, we’re based in a lush office in Proto, on the Gateshead Riverside, surrounded by exciting businesses working in emerging technology. When possible, some of us do yoga at lunchtimes (getting “zen AF”), some of us play pool or fussball and we love a good social-get-together. We embrace remote working and work in a flexible, blended way.
Base Salary: £26,000+ (based on experience)
As well as this, we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an extra day for every two years you work with us up to a maximum of 30 days
- Work laptop
- Flexible working hours
Home and office hybrid working
- Strategy away-days
- Social budget
- Training budget
Sound like you?
Please send your CV and a short video of you explaining why you'd like to work at Wordnerds and what you could bring to the team to email@example.com (phone absolutely fine and no longer than 2 mins). Please note applications will only be considered if sent to firstname.lastname@example.org - no Linkedin blasting, please :)