Customer Success Manager (CSM)
Wordnerds is an award-winning tech startup with huge ambitions to create the best text analysis platform in the world.
90% of the world’s data was produced in the last two years and there are no signs of it slowing down. The vast majority of all that data, up to 80%, according to some, exists in the form of words which, unlike numbers, are difficult to process and understand at scale.
Wordnerds combines cutting-edge AI with old-school linguistics to train computers to understand the huge volume of unstructured text that is currently invisible to most companies. We make sense of the millions of tweets, emails, webchats, online reviews, CRM-entries, forum posts and survey results written about - and by - big brands and their competitors.
It’s a hugely exciting time for us right now. Following our first raise in June 2019 we’re growing faster than our projections we’re on the look out for a new Customer Success Manager to join the team and embark on this challenging, ever-changing, incredibly rewarding journey with us.
We're looking for someone who loves making customers tick. With communication skills on point, you'll be a great listener, negotiator and super strong at building great working relationships with people at every level of a company. We're looking for someone with a strategic mind, analytical skills and bucket loads of motivation who will become a Wordnerds champion - in it for the long haul with us. :)
What you’ll do
Customer Success Managers are a vital part of our growing team, ensuring our customers are engaged, listened to and getting the most value possible from the platform; that they’re right at the heart of everything we do.
Although you’ll be the main contact for a number of our customers, this role is so much more than customer service. Your days will be varied - you'll be providing a platform training session one moment, negotiating a renewal contract the next, knee-deep in data another; creating insights reports one day, working on the product vision the next—and the role will challenge you.
As well as becoming an expert in our platform and an authority on the subject of automated text analytics, we will expect and encourage you to feed in to the overarching strategy for Customer Success.
Your work will involve the following activities:
- Onboarding new customers, understanding their needs and objectives and helping them get to grips with our platform
- Gaining an understanding of the industries our customers are in
- Becoming an expert in our platform, working with our customers’ data to provide them with ongoing value
- Producing insights reports for some of our customers, ensuring they are always receiving value
- Supporting customers through any questions/issues they may be having
- Delivering training when required for new customer team members, or new product features
- Regular review meetings with customers at key points in the contract, to check objectives are being met and secure contract renewals
- Identifying and pursuing upsell opportunities elsewhere in customers’ organisations, in line with our growth targets
- Managing contract renewal negotiations
- Working with our Product Team to use customer feedback to help improve the platform
- Working with our Marketing Team to develop customer engagement campaigns and content, e.g. contributing to the production of sector analysis reports
- Managing one-to-many customer communications through emails, webinars, and other written/video resources
- Managing data of our customers accurately in our CRM system and in line with our data policies and contractual agreements
- Sharing your ideas and feedback—you’ll be a fresh pair of eyes and a valuable member of our tight and growing team
We’re interested in getting the right type of person in this role and so previous experience in customer success/service is by no means essential. Whether you’re a recent graduate or have a wealth of experience under your belt, we’re looking for someone with the following skills/traits.
- Amazing with people. This role involves developing strong relationships with customers, listening to them and identifying areas where we may genuinely be able to help them and add real value
- Team player. Although you will have your own portfolio of customers, we are very much looking for someone who has a strong team ethic. We look after and help each other wherever we can
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A flair for sales and negotiation
- Good analytical and problem solving skills. Some of your time will be spent looking into the customer’s data and the insights provided by the platform
- Partial to a good spreadsheet - experience with Excel or Google Sheets would be useful but not essential
- A Self-starter. You'll need great organisation skills with the ability to prioritise your work independently
- A Positive attitude and highly motivated
- Entrepreneurial flair, creativity and a thirst for learning
Working at Wordnerds
We have an amazing team, we look after each other and don’t take ourselves too seriously. When the world is playing nicely, we’re based in a lush office in Proto, on the Gateshead Riverside, surrounded by exciting businesses working in emerging technology. When possible, some of us do yoga at lunchtimes (getting “zen AF”), some of us play pool or fussball and we love a good social-get-together. We embrace remote working and work in a flexible, blended way.
As well as this, we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an extra day for every two years you work with us up to a maximum of 30 days
- Flexible working hours
- Home and office working
- Competitive salary
- Strategy away-days
- Social budget
- Training budget
Please send through your CV and a short (2-3mins) video explaining why you want to work at Wordnerds to email@example.com. Don't worry about the quality of the video, just something from your phone is fine. :)