Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Customer Success Manager
We are looking for organised, ambitious, people-focussed folks to join our Customer Success team.
Wordnerds is a text analytics tool that helps large organisations *genuinely* understand customers and employees by bridging the gap between what AI can deliver and the information insights professionals actually need.
Trusted by organisations like M&S, Yahoo!, Sainsbury’s, B&Q and the UK Government, Wordnerds tells you exactly what to do from the millions of survey results, reviews, social posts, emails, webchats, CRM-entries and call centre transcripts across your organisation. The result:
- An indispensable insights team
- Better decision-making
- Improved customer experience
When it comes to turning text into action, AI alone isn’t enough. We work at the intersection of the latest AI/NLP techniques (think ChatGPT and Google Bard) and old skool linguistics to help our customers find:
- Surprises! Things their customers are telling them that they didn’t know to listen for
- The causes of their issues, so they can go fix them
- Anything they want! Train-your-own classification models in less than 30 minutes
You can use Wordnerds directly as a SaaS platform or we can provide a fully managed service.
About the Customer Success team
We really want our customers to be successful. So much so that we have a whole team dedicated to it! 😍 We’re looking for a brilliant new Customer Success Manager who loves making customers happy.
We’re expanding our customer success team and need an amazing new Customer Success Manager to lead on a range of customer accounts and projects supported by our CS lead and experienced customer success managers.
Customers include large UK retailers like M&S, Sainsbury’s and B&Q, train operating companies like TransPennine Express, Avanti and Transport for Wales and a range of UK Housing Associations.
This job would suit an organised, ambitious and people-focussed person, with 1-2 years of experience in Customer Success, Account Management or a comparable role.
The role is varied, challenging and a balancing act. The right candidate will be hot on project management, organisationally outstanding and unflusterable in this fast-paced, quickly-changing start-up world.
What you'll do
Initially you will concentrate on becoming a Wordnerds platform expert, responsible for accurate set-up of accounts on our platform, surfacing the most useful insights and building reports for customers.
Once your knowledge of our software is secure, you will begin to manage a set of customer accounts - becoming the main contact for platform users and their voice within Wordnerds.
You will onboard and train customers to use the platform and hold regular check-ins with our customers’ insights teams to identify and solve issues and ensure they’re getting value from their subscription.
Once you’ve got your feet under the table, you’ll also be a strategic contact across a number of accounts, holding quarterly business reviews with strategic leads, analytical contacts and CEOs of our customers, so you’ve got to be an excellent communicator, confidently lead meetings, build trusted relationships and convey value clearly.
You will also be responsible for providing metrics and insight on the health of customer accounts enabling proactivity and put us in the healthiest place for renewals and account growth.
Your work will involve the following activities:
- Become an expert in our platform—from project set-up (hello spreadsheets!) to surfacing insights
- Onboard and train new customers, understanding their needs and objectives, and develop a plan for their success
- Develop one-to-many resources and videos to help customers help themselves on our platform
- Share your ideas and feedback—you’ll be a fresh pair of eyes and should always feel able to share honest feedback
- Become the day-to-day contact for platform users, supporting customers through any questions/issues they may be have while setting boundaries and empowering customers to use our platform
- Hold regular review meetings with customers throughout the contract to check objectives are being met and value is being delivered
- Gain an understanding of the industries our customers are in and be the expert on your accounts - provide the Customer Success Lead with key information and metrics
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic contacts, delivering quarterly review meetings that ensure we communicate how to maximise value from the platform
- Manage the contract renewals on your accounts, negotiating upsell and cross sell opportunities based on product usage, support time and reporting
- Develop internal processes and resources to clarify and standardise best practice Capture customer feedback and work closely with our Product Team to inform platform direction and improvement
- Work closely with our Engineering and Data Science teams to ensure issues are resolved
- Work closely with our team of platform specialists, managing our project work and producing offline reports
- Record data on our customers accurately in our CRM system and in line with our data policies and contractual agreements
Skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and traits:
- Super organisation and prioritisation skills—you’ll be balancing a number of accounts at different stages in their customer journey. Adaptability and being comfortable with change is a must. In our fast-paced world things can change at the last minute and tasks can need reprioritised daily.
- Communication, communication, communication—you’ll be empathic and amazing with people, a fab communicator and you’ll need to be confident working with a range of different people: team members, leadership, analytical and strategic clients. Keep customers in the loop, record and share project actions and outcomes and above all else, listen.
- Collaborator and problem solver extraordinaire—as a Customer Success Executive you’ll be the glue between Wordnerds and our clients. You’ll know what they need, what’s stopping them and the right people to bring together to solve it. We’re constantly stepping back to see the bigger picture and working together to solve problems and provide solutions.
- A lower-case nerd 🤓—if you like spreadsheets and deep-diving into data this role might just scratch that itch.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude—we don’t micro-manage and never want to. You’re in the driving seat so you'll be comfortable managing your own time and prioritising your work independently, reaching out when you need help or resources
- All about the team—although you will ultimately manage your own portfolio of customers, we are very much looking for someone with a strong team ethic. We all play our part in the collective goal and look after each other wherever we can
- A thirst for learning and comfy with change—we’re a SaaS start-up and we’re growing. That means there’s no blueprint, no rulebook to follow. Experiment, review, iterate, repeat…
- A nice human.
Working at Wordnerds
We have an amazing team, look after each other, work super hard and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We’re based in a lush office in Proto, on the Gateshead Riverside, surrounded by exciting businesses working in emerging technologies.
In this new, post-COVID world, we enjoy the benefits of hybrid working, going into the office two or three days and working from home the rest of the week.
We have office dogs, frisbeists, super yogis and cracking convos.
Starting Salary: £28,000
As well as this, we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an extra day for every two years you work with us up to a maximum of 30 days
- Work laptop & home office equipment
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10-4pm)
- Home and office hybrid working
- Strategy away-days
- Social budget
- Training budget
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a short video introducing yourself, explaining why you'd like to work at Wordnerds and what you could bring to the team to email@example.com. A phone video is absolutely fine and two minutes is more than enough.
Please note applications will only be considered if sent to firstname.lastname@example.org—no Linkedin blasting please :)
Information for Recruitment Consultants
In the first instance we’re not looking to use agencies or consultants in recruiting for this role. Please feel free to follow the Wordnerds Linkedin page, if we need help, that’s where we’ll ask.
No other correspondence will be entered into. We’re sorry, but the volume of inbound recruitment consultants we get means we just can’t process and reply to them and they are immediately deleted.